Areas Of Work
- Inclusive Disaster Recovery and Rehabilitation for Dalits and Marginalized communities
- Inclusive DRR policy, law and guidelines that recognize caste discrimination and exclusion
- Create a constituency of Human rights defenders to protect the rights and entitlements of Disaster Affected communities from marginalized sections
- To develop tools, methods and Inclusive DRR actions towards addressing the issues of Dalits and Marginalized communities
- Submission of People Centric SDRF/NDRF norms of Compensation to 14thFinance Commission
- Dalit survivors being compensated and rehabilitated;
- Inclusion of Dalits as vulnerable groups in NDMA Guidelines
- Recognition of CBD in disasters by humanitarian players like UNDP and ECHO
- Initiation of Model Block Disaster Management plan
- Engagement in developing people Centric Disaster Management Plan
- Recognition and official registration of the issue created at the national and global negotiations, in connection to CBD/Discrimination based on Work & Descent in Post 2015 DRR Framework, also called the Hyogo Framework for Action 2;
- Equality in Aid- Addressing Caste Based Discrimination in Humanitarian Response, ( Inclusion Framework ) jointly prepared by NCDHR, International Dalit Solidarity Network (IDSN) and the European Commission’s Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection department (ECHO)
- Submission of representations on demanding Inclusion of Dalits in the process of Universal Periodic Review 1 and Universal Periodic Review 2.
- Interventions in 6thAMCDRR 2014 , WCDRR Meetings in Washington DC and Sendai Japan through submission of Demands for Inclusion of Dalits in International DRR framework
- Raising concerns of Dalits and Marginalized Communities during SAARC 2014 in Nepal through PSAARC .
- Raising demands of addressing caste based discrimination in DRR during UNSDGs summit 2015 September
- Engagement during COP11 2012 Hyderabad and Submission of Demands for Equality in Climate Changeactions
- Formation of Community level task force for Inclusion Monitoring on DRR
- Due to continuous vigilance and monitoring of relief and rehabilitation communities have received compensation and rehabilitation (Karnataka&AP 2009 floods , Odisha Floods 2011, J & K Floods 2014 , Assam Floods 2012 , Hudhud Cyclone AP 2014 and Phailin 2013 ) ), Uttrakhand Floods 2013 , J & K Floods 2013, Hudhud Cyclone 2014 , Odisha Floods 2014 , Gujarat and Tamil Nadu Floods 2015 Bihar flood 2015 , Bundelkhand Drought since ages and Vardah Cyclone 2016.
- Mass Awareness on Disaster Management structures and mechanisms
Apart from conducting inclusion monitoring actions NDW along with Asia Dalit Rights forum have done Immediate Needs Assessment and monitoring of Disaster Response in 40 villages of 10 Districts in Nepal Earthquake 2015. Consistent follow up on the demands at national and international level has been done and an effort has been made for the inclusion of Dalit issues in DRR framework.